Sales Representative Opportunity
Founded in 1962, Trecan Combustion Limited is the leading manufacturer and exporter of Snowmelters in North America. Our product line is the industry standard for Snowmelters. Trecan continues to expand its product line, value-added services, and customer reach. To address these new opportunities, we are seeking a highly motivated Sales Representative. Do you have a solid track record in sales at a senior or intermediate level? Are you resourceful, creative, and driven to do what it takes to succeed?
Reporting to Trecan’s North American Sales Manager, you will promote the distinctiveness and quality of Trecan products and services, and build long-term relationships with customers. You will be responsible for the generation of sales originating from customers and contacts in a variety of customer segments, including airports, municipalities, public institutions, private facilities, and private contractors.
Although Trecan facilities are located in Hubley, Nova Scotia, just outside the City of Halifax, we are willing to consider a candidate who would be based in another Canadian province, in reasonable proximity to markets. Our priority is to select the right candidate. Your main sales territories would be the US Northeast and Midwest, and secondarily Ontario.
- generate and qualify leads
- source and develop customer referrals
- prepare sales action plans and strategies
- make sales calls to new and existing customers
- prepare and deliver formal presentations on company products and services to current and potential customers
- participate in trade shows and other sales events
- develop sales proposals
- work with Trecan management to prepare and negotiate sales contracts
- maintain sales activity records and prepare sales reports
- ensure customer satisfaction
- stay current on market trends
- use, and contribute to a common customer database
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience in heavy equipment sales is preferred, at either an intermediate or senior level
- Proven ability to achieve sales targets
- Knowledge of customer service principles
- Knowledge of business principles
- Experience and skill in making presentations
- Knowledge of Microsoft WORD and PowerPoint
Skills and Attributes
- excellent oral and written communication, presentation, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- fluent in English in speech and writing
- goal driven self-starter, able to work independently
- able and willing to travel (have a valid Passport)
- ability to plan and strategize
- personal integrity
- persuasiveness, adaptability and tenacity
How to apply
Please submit your resume, along with a covering letter that captures your passion for sales, your track record, and your “fit” with Trecan Combustion Limited: (preferably by email in PDF or MS Word format) to:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 902-876-8275
Compensation will consist of base salary, commission, and Trecan’s employee benefit package.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.